What does the Fire Arts Festival Need? VOLUNTEERS!
To volunteer, email email@example.com. Thank you!
We will throw our volunteer appreciation party the night before the event at Strega. You will get a chance to meet fellow volunteers, local artists and those who arrive early from out of town. Volunteers can choose from shifts throughout the day of the event, bringing their own magic to the cultural and artistic exchange that takes place downtown. And we’ll have specials for volunteers at the after-party being thrown by Osiris.
- Seating Champions – In 2009, we decided to offer “premium” seating at the event for a small fee. Seating champions ensure that aisles stay clear, that those who mark their chairs still have a chair to come back to, and that folks who are on the grass don’t have people stopping in front of them, preventing them from seeing the show. Seats are one of our gifts to financial supporters, so this is important.
- Handicap Area Monitors – We have two designated areas for wheelchairs that need to be monitored.
- Safety Rangers – we want our event to be safe, folks to have a good time, and everything to run smoothly. Rangers are trained volunteers who roam the event and become the eyes and ears of what is happening. They watch to make sure that everything seems as it should, that people are not getting too close to things that are burning, and generally keep an eye on our event and the people attending it.
- Runners ~ These are folks who can help backstage, direct performers and pass messages to the MC on stage.
- Art Car Liaison ~ roam through Art Car Alley and assist the Art Car owners with crowd safety
- Cleanup ~ We have to make sure the plaza is cleared before we leave. That includes stacking chairs, taking down shade structures, pulling trash, and disassembling propane effects. All that stuff will need to be loaded on to vehicles so that it can go where it needs to go. The event ends at 11:00 p.m. If we all work together, it doesn’t take that long to tear down, and it’s a lot of fun!
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. NO MORE VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR THIS SHIFT. Controlled Burn is ALL over it.
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed to protect and defend the FLAME EFFECTS. This is crucial, and gives the Controlled Burn volunteers who have been up for years a break before they get back out in the sun for the rest of the years. Alright, seriously…
3:00pm-7:00pm ~ 4 Runners are needed for this shift and 4 Art Car Liaisons are needed for this shift
5:00pm-11:00pm ~ 6 Volunteer Safety Rangers are needed for this shift.
6:30 p.m.-10:30p.m. ~ 10 Seat Champions, 1 Runner and 1 Art Car Liaison are needed for this shift
11p.m.-1:00a.m.~ 5 Cleanup volunteers are needed for this shift (’cause Vision already volunteered super early!) which runs pretty much into the after-party, where of course volunteers are SORELY needed to refresh themselves.